Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mystery bird, Nuthatch, bird in a bowl

I have been trying to catch a glimpse of these Red Breasted Nuthatch's for a while now. 

 The Red Breasted Nuthatch is always on the move but this one decided to stop on a suet feeder for a quick bite to eat.

 I saw this little Sparrow sitting in this squirrel feeding bowl and thought it would make a nice picture.



 I think this may be some type of racing Pigeon. It was perched on the top of my Jeep. It was so beautiful. It watched us as we watched it. It didn't seem to be in a hurry to leave.

What a beauty!



If you look closely you can see a identification band around each leg. I would love to know about bird tags.Last winter we found a dead Pine Siskin in our yard and it had a identification band on one of it's legs. It turned out to be from the USGS. Apparently they were tracking migration patterns and were surprised the Pine Siskin was in Gresham, Oregon. Pine Siskin is one of our most common backyard birds so I don't Know? Maybe it was because of where that particular bird originated?

No comments:

Post a Comment